Welcome to Random Short Take #43. A few players have worn 43 in the NBA, including Frank Brickowski, but my favourite from this list is Red Kerr (more for his commentary chops than his game, I think). Let’s get random.
- Mike Wilson has published Part 2 of his VMware VCP 2020 Study Guide and it’s a ripper. Check it out here. I try to duck and weave when it comes to certification exams nowadays, but these kind of resources are invaluable.
- It’s been a while since I had stick time with Data Domain OS, but Preston’s article on password hardening was very useful.
- Mr Foskett bought a cloud, of sorts. Read more about that here. Anyone who knows Stephen knows that he’s all about what’s talking about what’s happening in the industry, but I do enjoy reading about these home projects as well.
- Speaking of clouds, Rancher was named “A Leader” in multi-cloud container development platforms by an independent research firm. You can read the press release here.
- Datadobi had a good story to share about what it did with UMass Memorial Health Care. You can read the story here.
- Steve O has done way too much work understanding how to change the default theme in Veeam Enterprise Manager 10 and documenting the process so you don’t need to work it out. Read about the process here.
- Speaking of data protection, Zerto has noticed Azure adoption increasing at quite a pace, amongst other things.
- This was a great article on open source storage from Chin-Fah.