Squeezing this one in before the end of the year. It’s shorter than normal but we all have other things to do. Let’s get random.
- Like the capacity and power consumption of tape but still want it on disk? Check out this coverage of the Disk Archive Corporation over at Blocks and Files.
- This was a great series of posts on the RFC process. It doesn’t just happen by magic.
- Tony did some troubleshooting with one of his tenant’s K8s container clusters recently.
- Jeff Geerling ran into some issues accessing media recently. It’s a stupid problem to have, and one of the reasons I’m still such a sucker for physical copies of things. I did giggle a bit when I first read the post though. These kind of issues come up frequently for folks outside the US thanks to content licensing challenges and studios just wanting us to keep paying for the same thing over and over again and not have any control over how we consume content.
- Are you a busy IT Manager looking after data protection? Preston has the book for you. And there’s an opportunity to win a copy too.
- My house was broken into recently. It’s a jarring experience at best. I never wanted to put cameras around my house, but now I have. If you do this in Queensland you can let the coppers know and they can ask for your help if there’s a crime in the area. I know it’s not very punk rock to surveil people but fuck those kids.
- You didn’t think I’d get to 91 and not mention Dennis Rodman, did you? One of my top 5 favourite players of all time. Did everything on the court that I didn’t: played defence, grabbed rebounds, and gave many a high energy performance. So here’s some highlights on YouTube.
That’s it for this year. Stay safe, and see you in the future.