Welcome to Random Short Take #45. The number 45 has taken a bit of a beating in terms of popularity in recent years, but a few pretty solid players have nonetheless worn 45 in the NBA, including MJ and The Rifleman. My favourite from this list is A.C. Green (“slam so hard, break your TV screen“). So let’s get random.
- I was unlucky enough to work at a telco when 5G was first being spoken about as a new product. It was terrible. This is an interesting perspective on where things are really at.
- Dell Technologies World was held (virtually) recently, and I thought Tim Crawford delivered some great insights into what it all means for the enterprise punter.
- Backblaze released its quarterly hard drive stats recently, and it makes for some really interesting reading.
- I enjoyed this brief retrospective on Network Operating Systems, and I hope you do too.
- Datadobi recently announced a partnership with Computex Technology Solutions to deliver a major data migration project.
- Scale Computing has announced Acronis Agentless Backup for Scale Computing HC3, as well as support for Acronis Cyber Backup 15.
- WekaIO has announced a bunch of reference architectures to allow customers to work more effectively with object storage solutions. You can read more on that here.
- Hat tip to my wife for sending me the link to this article on the greatest kicks in gaming history.