Welcome to Random Short Take #86. It’s been a while, and I’ve been travelling a bit for work. So let’s get random.
- Let’s get started with three things / people I like: Gestalt IT, Justin Warren, and Pure Storage. This article by Justin digs into some of the innovation we’re seeing from Pure Storage. Speaking of Justin, if you don’t subscribe to his newsletter “The Crux”, you should. I do. Subscribe here.
- And speaking of Pure Storage, a survey was conducted and results were had. You can read more on that here.
- Switching gears slightly (but still with a storage focus), check out the latest Backblaze drive stats report here.
- Oh you like that storage stuff? What about this article on file synchronisation and security from Chin-Fah?
- More storage? What about this review of the vSAN Objects Viewer from Victor?
- I’ve dabbled in product management previously, but this article from Frances does a much better job of describing what it’s really like.
- Edge means different things to different people, and I found this article from Ben Young to be an excellent intro to the topic.
- You know I hate Netflix but love its tech blog. Check out this article on migrating critical traffic at scale.
Bonus round. I’m in the Bay Area briefly next week. If you’re around, let me know! Maybe we can watch one of the NBA Finals games.