Welcome to Random Short Take #83. Quite a few press releases in this one, so let’s get random.
- Folio Photonics announced it will showcase advancements in its optical data storage solution at CES 2023.
- In other good news, Retraites Populaires has invested in Datadobi to move 18 years of data into a new IT environment. If you haven’t looked into Datadobi, and you have a bunch of data you need to be moving about the place, it’s worth a look.
- Pure Storage has announced a new energy efficiency SLA for Evergreen//One. I’ve been a fan of Pure for some time, and I think the company is starting to make some real progress with its energy goals.
- DH2i had a good 2022. You can read more about that here.
- Leaseweb has announced that it’s strengthening its portfolio.
- If you’ve ever had the chance to listen to Rebecca talk, you know she’s really smart. This article on setting the technical direction for a team made for great reading.
- All the kids like to talk about storage over networks, not storage area networks. What about when old meets new? Chin-fah posted an excellent article on Fibre Channel protocol in a zero trust world.
- Finally, have you found yourself wondering why your long HDMI cable doesn’t work? This might help.