Here are a few links to some random news items and other content that I found interesting. You might find it interesting too. Maybe. Happy New Year too. I hope everyone’s feeling fresh and ready to tackle 2019.
- I’m catching up with the good folks from Scale Computing in the next little while, but in the meantime, here’s what they got up to last year.
- I’m a fan of the fruit company nowadays, but if I had to build a PC, this would be it (hat tip to Stephen Foskett for the link).
- QNAP announced the TR-004 over the weekend and I had one delivered on Tuesday. It’s unusual that I have cutting edge consumer hardware in my house, so I’ll be interested to see how it goes.
- It’s not too late to register for Cohesity’s upcoming Helios webinar. I’m looking forward to running through some demos with Jon Hildebrand and talking about how Helios helps me manage my Cohesity environment on a daily basis.
- Chris Evans has published NVMe in the Data Centre 2.0 and I recommend checking it out.
- I went through a basketball card phase in my teens. This article sums up my somewhat confused feelings about the card market (or lack thereof).
- Elastifile Cloud File System is now available on the AWS Marketplace – you can read more about that here.
- WekaIO have posted some impressive numbers over at spec.org if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Applications are still open for vExpert 2019. If you haven’t already applied, I recommend it. The program is invaluable in terms of vendor and community engagement.