Want some news? In a shorter format? And a little bit random? This listicle might be for you.
- Remember Retrospect? They were acquired by StorCentric recently. I hadn’t thought about them in some time, but they’re still around, and celebrating their 30th anniversary. Read a little more about the history of the brand here.
- Sometimes size does matter. This article around deduplication and block / segment size from Preston was particularly enlightening.
- This article from Russ had some great insights into why it’s not wise to entirely rule out doing things the way service providers do just because you’re working in enterprise. I’ve had experience in both SPs and enterprise and I agree that there are things that can be learnt on both sides.
- This is a great article from Chris Evans about the difficulties associated with managing legacy backup infrastructure.
- The Pure Storage VM Analytics Collector is now available as an OVA.
- If you’re thinking of updating your Mac’s operating environment, this is a fairly comprehensive review of what macOS Catalina has to offer, along with some caveats.
- Anthony has been doing a bunch of cool stuff with Terraform recently, including using variable maps to deploy vSphere VMs. You can read more about that here.
- Speaking of people who work at Veeam, Hal has put together a great article on orchestrating Veeam recovery activities to Azure.
- Finally, the Brisbane VMUG meeting originally planned for Tuesday 8th has been moved to the 15th. Details here.