There’s a bunch of stuff being announced at EMC World this week. But there’re also plenty of people who are actually at the event and getting paid to tell you about that stuff. I’m no tech reporter, but I thought the “software-defined-curious” amongst you might be interested in a little coverage of EMC‘s ViPR 2.0 announcement.
Here’re the rough highlights, including some pictures:
2. It also has improved native array support, including:
- VCE Vblock;
- Hitachi HUS VM;
- Hitachi VSP (Block);
- EMC Project Nile (based on ScaleIO and ViPR 2.0); and
There’s also additional array support via OpenStack.
3. ViPR Block delivered by ScaleIO:
- Managed by the ViPR controller in a similar fashion to other ViPR data services.
- Create virtual pools of storage with varying performance tiers.
- Creates a server-based SAN from local storage to deliver performance and capacity on demand
- Scales to 1000s of nodes