Here are a few links to some news items and other content that might be useful. Maybe.
- E8 Storage have added Queen Mary University of London as a customer, deploying an E8-D24 array for use with genomic sequencing work. You can read more about that here.
- Something went pear-shaped with my mail provider, so I decided to use Gmail for my NAS email notifications. QNAP has some built-in smarts and works out of the box. For my OpenMediaVault environment, though, notifications with Gmail take a little extra effort. In short, you’ll need to turn on 2FA and create an app password.
- This project seems finished now (and I love it) – Starting to make a PiDP-11/70.
- Preston recently published a good article on space reclamation in deduplication storage.
- If you’ve been involved in storage administration, this short graphic novel from the good doctor, J Metz, might be just your thing.
- Adam J. Bergh did a great write-up on some recently announced NetApp HCI and Veeam integration announcements.
- I’ve been participating in the tech version of “Blogtober” because I was going to be writing and it’s October. You can find out a bit more about it here.