Welcome to the sixth edition of the Random Short Take. Here are a few links to a few things that I think might be useful, to someone.
- I’m a big fan of Plex, and recently moved it from my iMac onto a Debian-based NAS. There’s a comprehensive Linux Permissions Guide that you can get here. It came in handy because I have a number of NAS devices serving up media. And you don’t want to see what I did to get multiple volumes mounted via SMB. (It gets ugly when I want the DVR component to be able to record to any share)
- E8 Storage have announced NVMe Over Fabrics certification. You can read more about NVMe Over Fabrics here. Speaking of E8, they’ve just announced a partnership with CongoSystems.
- A lady named Wendy asked me to link to her article because I’d mentioned some of the environmental work Dell EMC had done previously, so here you go Wendy – Plastic Is Killing our Oceans
- I had the chance to catch up with David Hiatt from WekaIO. Kx have qualified WekaIO to run with its KDB+ software in AWS and they’re also doing some pretty cool stuff with TuSimple.
- I’ll be at the VeeamON Forum in Sydney next week (thanks Veeam!). It should be a good show – register here if you’ll be in the area.
- I was going to write an article on imposter syndrome, but didn’t think it would be as good as this one. Hat tip to Stephen Foskett for sharing.