By the numbers – Part 1

As I mentioned in the previous post, I’ve being working on a large data migration project. After a brief hiatus, I’m back at work, and thought I’d take a moment to share what I’ve done so far.

  • Attached 56 hosts via dual paths to the new array.
  • Created 234 new zonesets.
  • Created 23 Storage groups.
  • Created 131 RAID Groups.
  • Added 26 hot spare disks.
  • Designed and provisioned 620 LUNs. This includes 52 4-component MetaLUNs.
  • Established 33 Incremental SAN Copy Sessions.

I don’t know how many sVMotions I’ve done so far, but it feels like a lot. I can’t exactly say how many TB I’ve moved yet either, but by the end we’ll have moved over 112TB of configured storage. Once I’ve finished this project – by end of June this year – I’ll tally up the final numbers and make a chart or something.