- I’ve been doing some stuff with Runecast in my day job, so this post over at Gestalt IT really resonated.
- I enjoyed this article from Alastair on AWS Design, and the mention of “handcrafted perfection” in particular has put an abrupt end to any yearning I’d be doing to head back into the enterprise fray.
- Speaking of AWS, you can now hire Mac mini instances. Frederic did a great job of documenting the process here.
- Liking VMware Cloud Foundation but wondering if you can get it via your favourite public cloud provider? Wonder no more with this handy reference from Simon Long.
- Ransomware. Seems like everyone’s doing it. This was a great article on the benefits of the air gap approach to data protection. Remember, it’s not a matter of if, but when.
- Speaking of data protection and security, BackupAssist Classic v11 launched recently. You can read the press release here.
- Using draw.io but want to use some VVD stencils? Christian has the scoop here.
- Speaking of VMware Cloud Director, Steve O has a handy guide on upgrading to 10.2 that you can read here.
The July edition of the Brisbane VMUG meeting will be held online via Zoom on Tuesday 28th July from 4pm to 6pm. We have speakers from Runecast and VMware presenting and it promises to be a great afternoon.
Here’s the agenda:
- VMUG Intro (by me)
- Runecast Presentation – Predict, Upgrade and Secure your VMware environment proactively with Runecast
- VMware Presentation – Deploying Tanzu Kubernetes Grid with vRealize Automation with Michael Francis
The speakers have gone to great lengths to make sure this will be a fun and informative session and I’m really looking forward to hearing what they have to say. You can find out more information and register for the event here. I hope to see you there (online). Also, if you’re interested in sponsoring one of these events, please get in touch with me and I can help make it happen.