I did one of these 7 years ago – so I guess I never really got into the habit – but here’re a few things that I’ve noticed and thought you might be interested in:
- David Ring did a very useful post on VPLEX – XtremIO connectivity considerations. I’ve been working on a design covering just such a thing and was about to do a similar post. So thanks Dave for covering it off for me;
- Virtualization Field Day 6 just wrapped up. If you missed any of the sessions, head over to the landing page to get links to the streams and associated blog posts;
- Dave Henry did a somewhat entertaining post on EMC’s recent Isilon announcements. It’s now been updated with a few answers to some of his very reasonable questions. I have a few customers who are very interested in CloudPools. And I’m interested in finding out what the reality of the product is as opposed to the slideware;
- This is a great article on configuring iSCSI for the Dell Compellent;
- VMware released its Photon Controller recently as well, and Eric had a really good write-up here. The topic of CNAs came up at our recent VMUG and it’ll be interesting to see how VMware applies their particular flavour to things;
- Speaking of VMware, I was going to do a post covering some of SRM 6.1’s new features, but Vladan Seget has it all covered here;
- It’s the last week of nominations for EMC Elect in 2016. Read more on that here. VMware vExpert 2016 nominations are also open;
- The Mark of Cain play The Zoo in Brisbane on December 5th (+ Greig & BARGE with an antenna on it).
Tickets $35.00 + bf; and
- This is unrelated, and somewhat dated, but I wanted to make a note somewhere on the internet about how to get my Yamaha receiver working in a 2.1 speaker / subwoofer combination. Here’s the link.
And that’s about it, thanks for reading.