I got a chance to speak to Violin Memory at Storage Field Day 8 and was impressed by the company’s “new” approach to all-flash arrays. They recently announced the addition of the FSP 7600 and the FSP 7250 to the Flash Storage Platform. I’ve been told these will be GA in December 2015. Please note that I’ve not used either of these products in the wild, and recommend that you test them in your own environment prior to making any purchasing decisions.
Violin positions FSP as a competitive differentiator with Concerto OS 7 offering the following features:
- Comprehensive Data Protection Services (including Syncronous, Asynchronous and CDP);
- Stretch Cluster for Zero Down time and zero data loss;
- granular deduplication and compression;
- sustained low latency with Flash Fabric Architecture;
- simple and single pane of glass management; and
- integrated data migration and ecosytem integration.
The FSP 7250 is being positioned as an entry-level, sub-$100K US AFA that is:
- Data Reduction Optimized (Always on Dedupe);
- Integrated 3U Platform;
- 8-26TB Raw; and
- Up to 92TB Effective capacity.
The FSP 7600 sits just below the FSP 7700, and offers:
- “Extreme” Performance
- An integrated 3U Platform
- 35-140TB Raw
- 1.1 M IOPS < 500 μsecs