The East Coast VMUGs are hosting a virtual event on December 10, powered by the Melbourne VMUG. The event starts at 4pm AEST (5pm AEDT). Details as follows:
MVMUG Leader Update – Jeremy Drossinis
- recent changes to the MVMUG Committee.
- announcement in regards to MVMUG’s end of year function.
- updates from the Brisbane and Sydney VMUGs.
- 2020, the year that was
Sponsor Session by Michael Lang, Solutions Architecture Manager, NVIDIA
Accelerated VDI Desktops
Virtual Desktops in 2020 with Windows 10, Office 365, a variety of browsers as well as video and conferencing tools, created unprecedented challenges around scale, performance and of course a great user experience, and with increasing adoption of Work From Home, the challenge for IT has never been higher to deliver.
Come and find out how a vGPU accelerated solution can help you deliver a high quality Horizon desktop anywhere, any time and delight your users.
What workload elements make a modern VDI desktop and what are the challenges?
- How does vGPU accelerate the Horizon desktop and ensure a good UX?
- HW and SW elements of vGPU.
- Sizing and deployment considerations.
- Some example use cases (Education and FSI)
One attendee will win a prize draw of an NVIDIA goodies, consisting of an NVIDIA Star Wars branded video card, a NVIDIA Ruler (great for office bragging rights) as well as a PC care kit with stickers, webcam cover and cleaning cloth.
Please note to enter the prize draw by NVIDIA the following apply:
- You must attend the virtual meeting
- In order to be in the running, you must complete a short sign up form, which will be shared by NVIDIA during their presentation.
VMware Session – to be announced!
NVIDIA has gone to great lengths to make sure this will be a fun and informative session and I’m really looking forward to hearing all about vGPU. You can find out more information and register for the event here. I hope to see you there. Also, if you’re interested in sponsoring one of these events, please get in touch with me and I can help make it happen.