Welcome to Random Short Take #80. Lots of press release news this week and some parochial book recommendations. Let’s get random.
- My friend Al has been back in the lab, and has put together some really useful how-to articles on how to upgrade from ESXi 7 to 8 and deploying VMware vCenter 8.
- In press release news, Pure Storage has expanded its as-a-Service model across the full suite of Portworx offerings.
- The nice folks at StorPool Storage have announced the company is a Diamond sponsor at CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2022 this week.
- Verge.io has announced the appointment of Mike Wall to Chairman of the Board.
- Tachyum has unveiled details of its architecture and prodigy design in an overview white paper.
- Have you heard of World Digital Preservation Day? I hadn’t, but it sounds pretty cool.
- Hammerspace has announced that it’s shattering expectations for high-performance file data architectures. I like what Hammerspace is doing, and I’m keen to dig in some more when I have a moment.
- I’m a little bit younger than JB, and spent my youth in a town west of BrisVegas, but I’m always interested to read about what my adopted hometown was like in the Eighties. This article – Sweaty moustache dandruff, super-goth girl and $750 for a beer. Brisbane in the Before Times – was fantastic. And if you’re curious about Brisbane, I heartily recommend reading anything by Nick Earls, Andrew McGahan, and John Birmingham. And while I’m recommending books, it’s hard to go past Andrew Stafford’s “Pig City”.