Welcome to Random Short Take #68. Let’s get random.
- In press release news, Datadobi has been awarded an NCPA Contract with Climb Channel Solutions
- Imply has announced Polaris, a Cloud Database Service for Modern Analytics Applications. You can read more about that here.
- I find the idea of scale, and what it really means to different people, to be fascinating. The folks at Netflix know a bit about scale, and I found this article on the Rapid Event Notification System at Netflix to be particularly interesting.
- Ethan Banks put together this really useful guide on how to create a Python Function you can call from other scripts.
- Viktor posted this VMUGNL session recording: From idea to production with VMware Tanzu. It’s great to see folks finally able to get back to in-person VMUG meetings.
- Howard put together a great guide on backing up iCloud documents – Can you back up iCloud documents? It’s something that I think not enough people look at too closely.
- Have you ever had AV Upgraditis? I have, on plenty of occasions.
- This opinion piece over at El Reg was interesting – Apple has missed the video revolution.