Welcome to Random Short Take #77. Spring has sprung. Let’s get random.
- I mentioned StorPool’s release 20 in my last Random Short Take, and Chris M. Evans dives in further here.
- Tony is back at it again with more posts on NSX, and this one on NSX Edge Transport Nodes with failed deletion makes for some interesting reading.
- I (sadly) haven’t touched Rubrik in around a year now, but I couldn’t resist linking to Frederic’s post on Active Directory recovery with Rubrik. Great how-to article as always.
- Zerto has announced its Partner of the Year Awards for 2022.
- In other press releases of interest, Aparavi has announced it will deliver unstructured data management on Seagate Lyve Cloud.
- Speaking of unstructured data and press releases, Datadobi has some good news to share with its latest StorageMAP update.
- Folio Photonics recently announced some breakthroughs with multi-layer optical disc storage technology. I can’t do the technology justice, so you should check out what Justin had to say over at Forbes, and Mellor had some thoughts too.
- This short, sharp piece from JB is the best. Too often I’ve found myself grinding through a TV show because I had high hopes for it, or so many people told me it was great. What I should have realised is that amateur TV critics (i.e. your friends and colleagues) are often like home theatre enthusiasts who have bought their first subwoofer. Whether it’s good or bad, that’s the choice they made, and they need you to endorse that choice so they can feel better about it as well.
Finally, the blog turned 15 years old recently (about a month ago). I’ve been so busy with the day job that I forgot to appropriately mark the occasion. But I thought we should do something. So if you’d like some stickers (I have some small ones for laptops, and some big ones because I can’t measure things properly), send me your address via this contact form and I’ll send you something as a thank you for reading along.