Welcome to Random Short Take #76. Summer’s almost here. Let’s get random.
- The nice folks at StorPool have announced StorPool Storage v20. I was lucky enough to catch up with Boyan and the team recently, and they told me about their work on supporting NVMe/TCP, StorPool on Amazon AWS, and NFS File Storage. It’s great stuff and worth checking out.
- Long term retention – all the kids are doing it, but there are some things you need to think about. Preston has posted a great article on it here.
- That Geerling fellow is at it again, this time reviewing 6 Raspberry Pis, 6 SSDs on a Mini ITX Motherboard. Hat tip to my mate Tony for the link.
- Speaking of Tony, he’s finally back blogging, with this succinct piece on DHCP with NSX VLAN segments.
- Lots going on at VMware Explore 2022 in San Francisco this week. Danny Alvarez has put together a series of links covering the major announcements. I hope to get time to cover the major VMware Cloud on AWS news in the next few weeks.
- In press release news, Komprise has achieved a 2022 INC. 5000 Ranking.
- I had a chance to catch up with Verge.io, recently and the company has some interesting news to share about shared, virtualized GPU computing.
- Zerto recently announced it has joined the AWS ISV Workload Migration Partner Program.
- And, finally, Leaseweb has appointed Richard Copeland As CEO of Its U.S. Business.