Welcome to Random Short Take #73. Let’s get random.
- Two of my favourite things are Santa Cruz Skateboards and Backblaze, so this article on those two companies has also became a favourite thing – “We Were Stoked”: Santa Cruz Skateboards on Cloud Storage That Just Works
- I enjoyed this article from William Lam on ESXi running in unexpected places …
- I wrote about Datadobi’s StorageMAP a little while ago, and Chin-Fah adds his perspective on unstructured data observability with Datadobi StorageMAP.
- Speaking of Datadobi, Manu Heirbaut recently joined Datadobi as the company’s Vice President of Engineering.
- From the picture I thought that moving to LEGO to build data centres would make it take longer, but it seems that Huawei claims it’s halved the time needed to build a 1,000-rack datacenter. Upon reading the article I realised the picture was a little misleading.
- Anthony was recently back at VeeamON, and delivered a comprehensive VeeamON 2022 Mainstage Technical Session Recap.
- My friend Vincent always does a great job of breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable tasks. He’s also very good at explaining how to get things done in a succinct fashion. Here’s an article he wrote on using the NetApp Command Line to create a SVM with a CIFS/NFS share.
- In press release news, my friends at Pure Storage have expanded the Portworx Portfolio.