Here are a few links to some random things that I think might be useful, to someone. Maybe.
- Here’s a really simple and clear guide by Tim Smith on installing Nutanix Community Edition on vSphere.
- VMworld US kicks off shortly. I won’t be there this year, but I’m looking forward to hearing all the VMware-related news coming from the show.
- The NBA season schedule is now locked in for 2018-19. Here’s a printable version of the Lakers schedule. I imagine this will be an amusing, if not always successful season.
- I spent more time than I should putting media into my Plex environment, and have been looking for ways to optimise the experience. This series of articles by Carolyn Van Slyck has inspired me to do some more work on my transcode workflow. I’m also looking at doing something like this or this to automatically ingest the media in the first place.
- (Site sponsor) Vembu recently announced Vembu BDR Essentials for Small Businesses. You can read more about that here.
- This is a great article by my friend Paul – Solving Problems Without Falling Into the Helpfulness Trap.
- Alastair wrote a good article exploring the idea of backup platforms as a data management platform. The data protection vendors won’t shut up about it, and it’s worthy of further consideration.
- Howard sheds some light on what’s happened with Optane in an article at SearchStorage.
- Pure Storage recently acquired StorReduce. Chris M. Evans broke it down in this article.