Welcome to Random Short Take #54. A few players have worn 54 in the NBA, but my favourite was Horace Grant. Let’s get random.
- This project looked like an enjoyable, and relatively accessible, home project – building your own NVMe-based storage server.
- When I was younger I had nightmares based on horror movies and falling out of bed (sometimes with both happening at the same time). Now this is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.
- Speaking of disastrous situations, the OVH problem was a real problem for a lot of people. I wish them all the best with the recovery.
- Tony has been doing things with vSAN in his lab and in production – worth checking out.
- The folks at StorageOS have been hard at work improving their Kubernetes storage platform. You can read more about that here.
- DH2i has a webinar coming up on SQL Server resilience that’s worth checking out. Details here.
- We’re talking more about burnout in the tech industry, but probably not enough still. This article from Tom was insightful.