Welcome to Random Short Take #47. Not a great many players have worn 47 in the NBA, but Andrei “AK-47” Kirilenko did. So let’s get random.
- I’ve been doing some stuff with Runecast in my day job, so this post over at Gestalt IT really resonated.
- I enjoyed this article from Alastair on AWS Design, and the mention of “handcrafted perfection” in particular has put an abrupt end to any yearning I’d be doing to head back into the enterprise fray.
- Speaking of AWS, you can now hire Mac mini instances. Frederic did a great job of documenting the process here.
- Liking VMware Cloud Foundation but wondering if you can get it via your favourite public cloud provider? Wonder no more with this handy reference from Simon Long.
- Ransomware. Seems like everyone’s doing it. This was a great article on the benefits of the air gap approach to data protection. Remember, it’s not a matter of if, but when.
- Speaking of data protection and security, BackupAssist Classic v11 launched recently. You can read the press release here.
- Using draw.io but want to use some VVD stencils? Christian has the scoop here.
- Speaking of VMware Cloud Director, Steve O has a handy guide on upgrading to 10.2 that you can read here.