Welcome to Random Short Take #40. Quite a few players have worn 40 in the NBA, including the flat-top king Frank Brickowski. But my favourite player to wear number 40 was the Reign Man – Shawn Kemp. So let’s get random.
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager 19.5 was released in early July and Preston covered it pretty comprehensively here.
- Speaking of data protection software releases and enhancements, we’ve barely recovered from the excitement of Veeam v10 being released and Anthony is already talking about v11. More on that here.
- Speaking of Veeam, Rhys posted a very detailed article on setting up a Veeam backup repository on NFS using a Pure Storage FlashBlade environment.
- Sticking with the data protection theme, I penned a piece over at Gestalt IT for Druva talking about OneDrive protection and why it’s important.
- OpenDrives has some new gear available – you can read more about that here.
- The nice folks at Spectro Cloud recently announced that its first product is generally available. You can read the press release here.
- Wiliam Lam put out a great article on passing through the integrated GPU on Apple Mac minis with ESXi 7.
- Time passes on, and Christian recently celebrated 10 years on his blog, which I think is a worthy achievement.