Welcome to my semi-regular, random news post in a short format. This is #26. I was going to start naming them after my favourite basketball players. This one could be the Korver edition, for example. I don’t think that’ll last though. We’ll see. I’ll stop rambling now.
- Veeam recently released v4 of its Veeam Backup for Office 365 backup solution. Of note is the object storage support. Anthony provides some good coverage on that here.
- This article on the need for common data personalities from Chin-Fah is excellent.
- The damn cat meme has been doing the rounds lately, and Preston has put together an excellent collection of data protection related ones. Speaking of Dell Technologies, there’s some marketing genius behind this.
- I hadn’t noticed this change in sizing for the Management Domain servers in VMware Cloud Foundation 3.9, but Viktor did.
- Do you know Cody? Cody’s a smart guy, and very good at expressing technical things on his blog. This article on deploying the Pure Storage OVA using PowerShell is a good example of that.
- Speaking of smart people, Stellios wrote an article on Identifying Uncommitted Space culprits with PowerCLI. It’s great stuff.
- InfiniteIO has been doing some cool stuff. I spoke to them recently and will be writing something about them in the near future. In the meantime, here’s their most recent press release.
- I wrote about Excelero recently, but neglected to mention some of what they’ve been doing with NVIDIA. You can read more about that here.