Here are a few links to some random news items and other content that I found interesting. You might find them interesting too. Episode 14 – giddy-up!
- Preston wrote a fantastic article on the why of data protection.
- WekaIO recently raised some C round funding. You can read more on that here.
- Confused by some of the VMware Cloud nomenclature? Curtis attempts to clarify things in this post.
- Rhys Hammond has put together the VMCE 9.5 Unofficial Study Guide and it is worth checking out, particularly if you work with Veeam products and you’re looking to get certified.
- If you work with VMware Cloud Director and haven’t visited Stellios’s blog before you’re missing out. Stellios has a wealth of experience from his days as a customer and now works as a VMware TAM in BrisVegas. This article on LDAPS in vCD 9.5 was particularly useful.
- This article on the case for SAN 2.0 by Chris M. Evans is worth a read.
- And this one by George Crump on hyperscale storage is also worth a look.
- The May edition of the Brisbane VMUG meeting is being held on the 28th. If you’ll be in the area you can register here. It’s sponsored by Cohesity and should be a lot fo fun. Speaking of Cohesity, I offered up some thoughts on my experiences using Cohesity during their recent Build Day Live event.