Welcome to Random Short Take #74. Let’s get random.
- Chris Colotti put together a great article on VMware vSphere networking. It seems like a fairly fundamental issue, but one that I’ve seen plenty of times in the field.
- Speaking of VMware, if you’re working in the financial services sector and looking at VMware Cloud on AWS, this blog about compliance for financial services (Asia Pacific and Japan) might be just the thing for you.
- Pure Storage recently had its annual shindig, resulting in a few announcements, including the FlashBlade//S. Chris M. Evans goes into more detail in this post.
- Speaking of storage hardware announcements, StorCentric recently launched the Nexsan EZ-NAS. You can find the specs here.
- I just can’t seem to shut up about storage. This article from Chin-Fah stating the case for a Storage Appliance approach made for great reading.
- More on storage? Datadobi’s StorageMAP apparently solves the top four areas of concern for IT leaders, according to a ew ESG Global Insight Report.
- A take inside a take? Is that even possible, Dan?! Yes, yes it is. Here’s the good Doctor J’s Storage Short Take #44.
- And finally, some humour for you. Breaking: Local Man Buys Best Subwoofer He’s Ever Heard.